I decided to do some felt applique t-shirts for xmas, so I ordered some felt from ebay, 70% synthetic, 30% wool. My postie brought it yesterday and I couldn't wait to get started, but the felt seemed very thin and I was worried about it shrinking once I'd sewn the designs onto the clothing and ending up as a big mess rather than a lovely picture. I decided that to be on the safe side I should give it some abuse to see if it shrinks, as I'd rather have it shrink in a controlled fashion by me than shrink later when the gift recipients wash their t-shirts. What a good job I did! The felt shrank massively! And at all different rates.
The black felt and the ones behind it haven't yet been felted, the orange, red and purple have. There's a huge difference. Hopefully they should be safe enough to use on clothing now though.
I also have some beigey coloured sheets that I'll be using to make some felt pasta for The Boy, for xmas, not bothering to felt those though.
I've also started a secret project this week, for the DIY Secret Santa over on Cloth Nappy Tree. I tried 3 different patterns but each one was wrong, so in the end I just decided to make it up as I went along. Hope it turns out ok, I think it should though.
Finally, I managed to unravel the tail of The Boy's toy snake that I made, to add a rattle. I couldn't find ANYWHERE online to buy rattle beads that supplies Europe, so I had to improvise, I used the plastic egg from a Kinder Egg and popped some rice inside. It sounds perfect! Exactly like a rattlesnake :D Very impressed.