Sunday 11 April 2010

The longies really did get finished eventually, as did my xmas presents!

Since I'm back blogging again, I might as well update on what I have actually gotten done over the last few months.

The longies, of which I'd only done the waistband last time I posted eventually got finished in January.  I really love how they colours pooled differently in the different sections.  These longies were my first attempt at Kitchener stitch and everything I've read about it was true, you really have to concentrate or you'll mess up, at the start at least.  I ended up making one small mistake, but over all I think it was a success.

An action shot of the longies, expertly modeled by The Boy.


In addition to this I also had a few Xmas presents that I finished in December, in addition to the Pig t-shirt and the ITNG t-shirt, I did another appliqued t-shirt, this one for my nephew.
He's recently started playing football and I thought a personalised shirt might be nice for him.

Front, with his initial on a badge

Back, the panel at the top had his surname, and then the number 10 below.

Again, it's felt appliqué, this was my first go at machine appliqué.  The different layers of the badge and the name panel were sewn by hand and then the front badge, and the number 10 were sewn onto the shirt by machine, and the name panel was attached by hand.  I really enjoyed making this, although it was A LOT of work and I ended up still working on it at about 2am on Xmas morning!  I remember my mam doing similar when I was little, I'm getting so like her LOL!